Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Kansas provides a non-profit communal living home for families of ill or injured children 21 years of age or younger who are receiving medical treatment in area hospitals. Providing temporary housing in the eight-bedroom, historic Ronald McDonald House near the city’s medical community, multiple families can enjoy a home-away-from-home for the duration of their loved one’s care at an affordable alternative to corporate housing.
Since opening our doors in 1988, we have housed more than 20,000 guests from all over the world. We are the 112th Ronald McDonald House to open in the United States, and the fourth in Kansas, providing a safe and comfortable environment for our guests 365 days a year with friendly staff and volunteers.
The reason you come here might be scary and exhausting. We understand and want to help. Get to know your second family, here at RMHC.
RMHC & the Medical Community
RMHC relies on strong partnerships with the medical community to enable family-centered care:
- Families being cared for at 90 percent of the top children’s hospitals in the world have access to one or more of our three core programs.
- Grants to other non-profit organizations that also serve children and families.
In addition, medical professionals contribute to RMHC in a variety of different ways which enable us to expand our program capacity and help change children’s lives around the world:
- They are actively engaged as members of the RMHC Global and local boards of directors.
- They provide land for Ronald McDonald Houses and/or spaces within hospitals for Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
- They assist with operating costs and donations of in-kind services.
- They volunteer their time and services on Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles and with other programs.
Our Relationship with McDonalds
From the moment we opened our first Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia, PA, the entire McDonald’s system (owner/operators, suppliers, employees and customers) has helped us support families with sick children providing stability and vital resources.
McDonald’s support extends from monetary contributions and volunteerism, to cause related marketing promotions and the space to place RMHC Donation Boxes that raise money for Chapters around the world. McDonald’s has helped RMHC positively impact millions of children and their families, and continues to provide valuable resources and support to help us expand our core programs and services.
Although the McDonald’s system is our largest corporate partner, RMHC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. RMHC relies on the support of the entire community and greatly values donations from the community and other corporate partners.
Get To Know Us
Want to know more about about what we do? Check out this short video about us HERE!